Well hello there and welcome to my little corner of the internet! My name is Amanda and I’m so happy you’re here.
So you wanna know more about me huh?
Well lets start form the beginning. I was born on a hot summer morning….
Oh you don’t want to know that much, ok, lets get at the gist of it then.
This little blog here currently exists to help document my debt free journey. Over the past 5 years I’ve made several attempts at paying off my debt, all $90,000 of it (I’m rounding). For one reason or another I’ve always failed. This time I’m trying some different tactics, namely, accountability. I post often on my Instagram and I’m hoping to post somewhat frequently here as a means to help stay accountable. I figure if I put my great financial sins out there for the world to see I’ll have more reason to stick with it right?
Ok now for the fun part, facts, because lists are always fun.
- I’m currently following principles from both the Dave Ramsey Debt Snowball as well as The Spending Fast (more of a spending diet). I’ve found that no single program works for me, I need ALL the ideas! I also love gathering tidbits of whats worked from the people I follow on social media.
- I was born and raised in the Seattle area and my entire family still lives there. I love the Pacific Northwest with all my heart and secretly hope I’ll live there again one day.
- I currently call the Houston, TX area home and moved here about a year ago after spending over 3 years in Alaska. I absolutely loved AK but the job opportunities are few so I decided to head south.
- I currently work as a Paramedic for a busy county 911 service. It’s a crazy job and I love it.
- Travel and exploring is a passion of mine. Thusfar I’ve traveled to nearly 40 countries but it’s been several years since I’ve been out of the country and my travel bug is itching!
- I also love the art of creating. I’ve recently found a niche I enjoy involving inks on canvas, but really any way I can express myself creatively I love!
- When it comes to Meyers-Briggs Type I walk the line between INFP and ENFP. I’m pretty much 50/50 on the introvert extrovert scale.
- I’m an enneagram type 7 through and through.
- I love all things Harry Potter. Visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is high on my travel priorities list!